Parsl & funcX Fest 2022 - The Parsl/funcX Community Meeting (Sep 13-14)
The fourth Parsl & funcXFest Community Meeting will be held as a hybrid meeting on September 13-14, 2022. Thein-person component will be held at the University of Chicago.
The meeting brings together researchers, developers, and cyberinfrastructure experts from around the world to discuss experiences using and developing Parsl and funcX. funcX is a federated function as a service platform built upon Parsl.
Registration is free and we would love for you to present a lighning talk describing your work with Parsl or funcX
We have funding available to support travel to the workshop. Please contact Kyle Chard (email@example.com) for information.
Tuesday, September 13, 12 pm - 5 pm CDT (17:00 - 22:00 UTC)12:00 - 1:00 pm Lunch
1:00 pm - Welcome! - Kyle Chard, University of Chicago/Argonne National Laboratory. Slides, video
1:20 pm - Session 1 (Chair: Daniel S. Katz)
- Dan Laney, LLNL, ExaWorks. Slides, video
- Claire Porter, UMN, HTC on HPC: Parsl's Role in Mapping Earth's Topography from Space. Slides, video
- Douglas Friedel, UIUC, Using Parsl to Handle Large Agroecosystem Data. Slides, video
- Dante Sanchez, Cinvestav, An overlay architecture based on in-memory content delivery for funcX in edge-fog-cloud. Slides, video
- Matt Baughman, UChicago, Using funcX to enable better federated learning over serverless. Slides, video
- Niranda Perera, Indiana, CylonFlow: High Performance Data Engineering in Supercomputers. Slides, video
- Ben Pritchard, VTech, Distributed, high-throughput quantum chemistry with QCArchive and Parsl. Slides, video
- Daniel S. Katz, Parsl/funcX, Parsl sustainability. Slides, video
- Alvaro Vidal Torreira and Stefan Gary, Parallel Works, Advances in HPC automation - An update on the use of Parsl in Parallel Works. Slides, video
3:30 - Session 2 (Chair: Kevin Hunter Kesling)
- Chris Scott, NeSI, RemoteJobManager: offloading work to a remote HPC using funcX. Slides, video
- Jim Chiang, SLAC, Using Parsl for image processing of Rubin Observatory data. Slides
- David Adams, SLAC, DESC + Parsl. Slides, video
- Lee Liming, UChicago, FuncX in NIH’s Common Fund Data Ecosystem Portal. Slides, video
- Michael Anderson, UIUC, Remote workflows using Parsl and FuncX. Slides, video
- Ketan Maheshwari, ORNL, Parsl at OLCF. Slides, video
- Yadu Babuji, Parsl/funcX, funcX architecture update. Slides, video
- Ben Galewsky, Parsl/funcX, Introducing the FuncX Container Service. Slides, video
Wednesday, September 14, 8:30 am - 1 pm CDT (13:00 - 18:00 UTC)8:30 am - Breakfast
9:00 am - Session 3 (Chair: Yadu Babuji)
- Aymen Alsaadi, Rutgers, RADICAL-Pilot and Parsl. Executing Heterogeneous Workflows on HPC PlatformsSlides, video
- John-Luke Navarro, ANL, Multi-site dynamic computational ensembles with libEnsemble + funcX. Slides, video
- Aristana Scourtas, UChicago, Garden: A FAIR Framework for Publishing and Applying AI Models for Translational Research in Science, Engineering, Education, and Industry. Slides, video
- Eliu Huerta, ANL, Practical FAIR principles for AI models. Slides, video
- Osama Almurshed, Cardiff, When Functional Programming Meets Parsl. Slides, video
- Ninad Hogade, Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), Heterogeneous server-less computing and FuncX. Slides, video
- Ryan Chard, ANL, AlphaFold as a Service with funcX. Slides, video
11:00 am - Session 4 (Chair: Kyle Chard)
- Tyler Skluzacek, ORNL, Scalable and distributed metadata extraction with Xtract. Slides, video
- Greg Pauloski, UChicago, ProxyStore: A distributed data fabric for funcX and Parsl. Slides, video
- Logan Ward, ANL, Colmena: Seamless Computational Campaigns across Multiple Computing Clusters with FuncX and Object Proxies. Slides, video
- Eamon Duede, UChicago, Quantifying AI in Science
- Trung-Hieu Hoang, UIUC, Argonne Privacy-Preserving Federated Learning with funcX. Slides, video
- Nick Saint, UChicago, Gladier: Automation with funcX and Flows. Slides, video
12:30 - Lunch
Prior ParslFest Meetings
Parsl community meetings have brought together hundreds of researchers, developers, and cyberinfrastructure experts for meetings that included presentations and discussions.
The ParslFest 2019 page includes the agenda and all presentations (slides) from ParslFest 2019.
The ParslFest 2020 page includes the agenda and all presentations (slides and videos) from ParslFest 2020.
The Parsl & funcXFest 2021 page includes the agenda and all presentations (slides and videos) from Parsl & funcXFest 2021.