Parsl & funcX Fest 2021 - The Parsl/funcX Community Meeting
We are hosting the Parsl & funcXFest Community Meeting as a virtual meeting in two half-day sessions on October 27 (9am-1pm CDT) and October 28 (1pm-5pm CDT), 2021.
The meeting will bring together researchers, developers, and cyberinfrastructure experts from around the country to discuss experiences using Parsl and funcX.
Building on two prior ParslFest meetings, we are combining with the funcX community to launch a larger joint community meeting. funcX is a federated function as a service platform that builds on Parsl (enabling simple remote invocation).
Registration (free): https://forms.gle/yYW3AAk87uF7BTRS6. Please indicate if you are interested in presenting a lightning talk.
Wednesday, October 27, 9 am - 1 pm CDT (14:00 - 18:00 UTC)9:00 am - Welcome! - Ian Foster, University of Chicago & Daniel Katz, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
9:10 am - Intro to Parsl and funcX - Kyle Chard, University of Chicago.
9:30 am - Session 1 (Chair: )
- Glen Hocky, TBD
- Matthew Feickert, Distributed statistical inference with pyhf powered by funcX
- Dante Domizzi Sánchez Gallegos, Sandbox apps and workflow:// schema in Parsl: design, implementation and application lifecycle
- Devesh Tiwari, Improving scalability of serverless functions on HPC clusters via enhancing funcX
- Zhuozhao Li, Parsl + funcX
11:15 am - Session 2 (Chair: )
- Matthew Madany, A Multi-Datacenter Dataflow to Create the Most Detailed Image of the Brain
- Zhengchun Liu, Rapid Deep Neural Network Training as a service
- Michael J Anderson, Parsl and funcX driven scientific workflows in HPC
- Joseph Moon, Memory-Unsafe Processes with Parsl
- Eric Jonas, TBD
12:30 - Day 1 Closing
Thursday, October 28, 1 pm - 5 pm CDT (18:00 - 22:00 UTC)1:00 pm - Session 3 (Chair:)
- Eliu Huerta, Accelerated, reproducible and scalable AI-driven gravitational wave discovery
- James Corbett, Parsl/Flux Integration
- Aristana Scourtas, DLHub
- Luigi Marini, Creating Remote Imaging Pyramids for the Permafrost Discovery Gateway
- Logan Ward, Colmena: Steering Ensemble Simulations on HPC
- Douglas Thain, Resource Management for Dynamic Function Distribution
3:00 pm - Tech Talks
- Ben Clifford, Understanding workflow progress with Parsl monitoring
- Kir Nagaitsev, Asynchronous APIs in funcX
- Ben Galewsky. Setting up kubernetes endpoints
- Hemant Sharma, HEDM analysis using FuncX
- Matt Baughman, Automated, Cost-Aware FaaS in Heterogeneous Environments
- Panos Patros, Rural AI: Using FuncX for Federated Learning of Hyperspectral Weed Detection Models
- Ved Kommalapati/Ananth Hariharan, EEPS (Efficiency Evaluator for Parallel Scripting)
Zoom: Please register and we will send the zoom link.
Contact us at email@example.com.
ParslFest 2019 & 2020
Prior Parsl community meetings have brought together 100 researchers, developers, and cyberinfrastructure experts for meetings that included presentations and discussions.
The ParslFest 2019 page includes the agenda and all presentations (slides) from ParslFest 2019.
The ParslFest 2020 page includes the agenda and all presentations (slides and videos) from ParslFest 2020.